Seattle has for decades ranked as one of the most educated cities in the country. And that's especially true for people who have moved here recently.
- Washington corrections officials scrambling after new sentencing errors uncovered
- Washington condo reform gains steam amid shortage of affordable homeownership options
- Seattle’s plan to upzone 27 neighborhoods clears key hurdle, set for final vote
- Ferguson to sue Trump administration over new abortion regulations
- Seattle Weekly stops the presses, ending four decades of print and joining the web-only ranks
- âNo small jobâ: Sam Zimbabwe confirmed as new Seattle transportation director
- ‘Better than pretty good’: Yusei Kikuchi impresses Mariners, strikes out Reds’ Joey Votto in debut
The first starting quarterback in Seahawks history will lead Seattle's first XFL team, to start play in 2020.
HOSTILE WATERS, Part 3: Twin monarchs of the Pacific Northwest, chinook salmon and southern resident orcas, are struggling for survival after a century of habitat losses. From the Pacific to the inland waters of Puget Sound and its freshwater rivers, the changes have outpaced adaptation. VIEW
Headlined by two five-star recruits â and one McDonald's All-American â there is no shortage of star power in our annual Star Times basketball selections. Selected by Seattle Times staff, these are the Seattle area's best high-school hoopers this season.
- (919) 556-3568
- Former campaign staffer alleges in lawsuit that Trump kissed her without her consent; White House denies charge
- Supreme Court: Judges can’t rule from beyond the grave
- Trump tamps down expectations as he heads to Kim summit WATCH
- (513) 586-6815
- Trump goes after Spike Lee after Oscars speech
Most Read Stories
- (530) 622-7156
- For black travelers, Seattle's 'Green Book' offered more than just places to dine and sleep VIEW
- Most cringeworthy win? Best performance by a snack? Our staffers award their own Oscars from watch parties around the city
- Dining Out: 10 essential Seattle restaurants
- Dinner at a Movie, the Oscars edition: Our food writer and movie critic spent Academy Awards night at the Century Ballroom’s swanky soiree rhinoceros-shaped
- The final list of winners at the 91st Academy Awards VIEW
- Nielsen: 29.6 million viewers for Oscars, up from 2018
- ‘The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs’ is a user-friendly opera that plays better with audiences than critics. Does it matter?
- Seinfeld sues California classic car dealer over ’58 Porsche
- Itâs Congressâ duty to investigate child separations | Editorial
- The state must reject new gas and oil projects to save the planet | Op-Ed
- Stop the local tax grab and increase state dollars for education | Editorial
- (508) 875-4409
- Virginia, itâs not about blackface in your past; itâs about redemption today | Op-Ed
Featured Video Stories
(805) 815-9385 (3:18)
Morning Brief Newsletter
The Barisieur extends the promise of coffee in bed without the warmth of a partner to prepare and serve the cup to you.